Friday, June 11, 2010

Parenting for Newboorn class

So we took a parenting for a newborn class for the past two Thursdays 6:30 - 8:30. I really wanted to take it so Nick would know a little more of what is normal and how to do things since he hasn't been around babies much.

Some of the stuff I found informative:
How to swaddle
How to sooth a crying baby
When to call doctor
Medicines
Appearance of a newborn right after birth
What the hospital does with newborns - encourage breastfeeding, encourage staying in the room with us, put baby on my chest after it is born and all test done on my chest - no taking baby away!
What is normal for sleeping/behavior
Hospital Stay

Things not so useful:
How to change a diaper - I understand some people need to know this, but I do, and we want to cloth diaper so not so useful.
SIDS stuff - I had already done my research (thanks to thenest and thebump)
Car Seats - I had done my research (thanks to thenest and thebump)
probably more but I can't remember now

No comments:

Post a Comment